In his original version of Long-Range Precision Rifle, U.S. Army sniper and avid precision rifle and long-range rifle shooter, competitor, and enthusiast Anthony Cirincione II put extreme accuracy with a precision rifle within the reach of any shooter. His instruction was based on 26 months of combat deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan and his training of squad-designated marksmen for his battalion. His precision-shooting book proved to be an instant best-seller. In this expanded edition, Cirincione adds five new sections:
- "External Ballistic Truing." Although he briefly detailed the process of external ballistic truing in the first edition, given the level of importance to midrange and long-range target engagement, he believes that the process of truing deserves a detailed description.
- "Determining Fast and Correct Windage Adjustments or Holds."Cirincione covered the creation of a custom windage card for specific guns and pet loads in the first edition, but this added windage section shares his current process. The old way works fine, but his new method is faster and more precise, and doesn't require you to look at a card. As always, the process can be applied to any caliber you are using.
- "Midrange and Long-Range Target Engagement: Magneto Speed V3 Ballistic Chronograph vs. External Ballistic Truing." This section features a report Cirincione sent to the U.S. Army Sniper School outlining the testing of a barrel-mounted chronograph. The test pitted the device against his current method of external ballistic truing, given target engagements from 100 to 1,000 yards. It gives you a couple of different options to get on target at extended range.
- "How to Build a Switch-Barrel Rifle, and the Process of Swapping Barrels." As Cirincione has moved away from factory bolt-action rifles and into custom-built guns, he thought readers would appreciate information on how to build one. Not only that, but he also includes specific information on how to remove and add barrels of different calibers to that same stock and action.
- "Suppressed Subsonic Shooting." This section is about precision shot placement with subsonic ammo out to 400 yards.